Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Following my learning plan - my work for semiweek 5

This is my report for semiweek 5. 

I used my learning plan as a guide to my work.




My work:

Note to audience: The below blog posts are listed from most interesting to least interesting.

Philosophy: I made an idea tree about philosophy. I used my guide on making blog posts without documenting most of my work.

Philosophy: I wrote about football as a mental model for speedrunning. I used my guide for making blog posts (see the link below called "Self-evaluation") but I didn't document any of that work because I wanted to try that out. I believe I achieved my goals, including not misrepresenting the state of my knowledge and not plagiarizing.

Self-evaluation, Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #35. I decided to do more untimed trials of the boss fight aimed at improving all my individual gameplay skills that I worked on in the last session and continue until I can consistently beat the boss in 2 cycles. Meta: This is my best speedrunning session to date. I think I spent more time in pre-gameplay phase this session than compared to any previous session. I've been enjoying this time more and more. I've noticed that I've been wanting it to last longer (as opposed to wanting to hurry up to the gameplay phase, which is what I think I was doing previously). I made many large improvements to my speedrunning blog post template. Post-gameplay: Created a new metric just for this boss fight called 4-trial cycle average. Improved the metric from 3.75 last session to 2.5 this session.

Self-evaluation: I did some work on improving my guide for making blog posts by incorporating what I learned during my last speedrunning session ("Studying Metro route #35").

Self-evaluation, Programming: I improved my guide for programming using my latest guides, mainly the one for making blog posts (see link in previous paragraph), which I had recently improved using my then-latest speedrunning session.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #37. I decided to do more untimed trials aimed at improving all my individual gameplay skills that I worked on in the last session and continue until I get a Metro boss fight 4-trial cycle average of 2.25 or better. I failed to meet or beat my metric though I've made visible progress on various child problems, and I've identified my worst bottleneck and made next steps to deal with it. I made improvements to my speedrunning blog post template.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #36. I decided to do more untimed trials of the boss fight aimed at improving all my individual gameplay skills that I worked on in the last session and continue until I get a Metro boss fight 4-trial cycle average of 2.25 or better.  I failed to meet or beat my metric. I made improvements to my speedrunning blog post template.




Problems meeting plan requirements:

none




Plan requirements completion %:

Learning PlanSemiweek #Count-ExpectedCount-DoneCompletion %
6/15/2020568133%




Footnotes:

none

No comments:

Post a Comment