Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.25

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.25. I did unmeasured practice of the start of the game up to the first bridge. I figured out a different way of doing triple jumps that take advantage of the new thing I learned where I can do tiny-tap jumps.


---------------------------------------------------


I practiced the beginning up to the point of getting to the first bridge, about 20 times. I focussed on diving over the railing instead of the easy thing of avoiding the railing by going around it. 

Here are my notes:
  • I got it right a few times.
  • I learned that I can change how I do triple jumps such that I do the first and/or second jump as a tiny-tap jump and then do a hard-press jump for the 3rd jump. 
    • This is useful when I'm about to do the triple jump but I think I'm too close to the position where I want the 2nd jump to happen if I was to use a hard-press 1st jump.
  • I'm still not sure that I should be trying to go over the railing because a fail could easily lead to falling in the water and dying. It seems too risky. So I think the only way I would use this technique is if I could do it right like 9 out of 10 times. Or, maybe a better idea is to not use this technique on my first whole-game run, then start using it when I'm trying to improve my whole-game run.


# Next steps: Continue doing measured practice of Cap kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment