Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #45

SMO: Studying Metro route #45. I calculated the time spent on the metro boss fight in one of the world record runs. I also noticed some things that I found helpful.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Continuing from my last session, I decided to move on to doing timed trials.

So I went back to an old video (link above) that I've been using to figure out time spent on particular sections of the run.

I chose the start to be when he does the "skip". Then I chose the end to be when he shoots the last snake segment. The time was 55 seconds. 

So I'm going to double that time. So 1.50. I doubled it because the whole run was about an hour and my goal for the whole run is double that, 2 hours.

While timing the video I noticed some things that I found helpful.
  • In the 2nd cycle, he shoots 3 projectiles in a slow way (aim, pause, shoot, aim, pause, shoot, aim, pause, shoot). 
  • Then he adjusts aim to the head of the snake (which was near the top of the building). 
    • At this point he stopped caring about the projectiles. He stopped shooting them and he also didn’t try to avoid them and got hit at least once. (And since there were only 2 left, even if he got hit by both of them, he would have survived.) 
  • And as he was hitting the snake, he didn’t change aim much as the snake went along its path.

# Next steps: Do 4 trials, then check if I failed to achieve my goal. I may decide to try out the above tips without timing myself, then do timing later when I think I've successfully incorporated these tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment