Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.1

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.1. I did untimed practice of the beginning kingdom of the game. Learned some new things.


---------------------------------------------------


I watched my kid studying this route and I wanted to try out something I learned.

I wanted to figure out how long I should wait before jumping onto the boss's head after he gets his hat back. This is something I didn't solve the first time (series of sessions) I was studying this route.

I did 7 trials.[1] What I'm doing for timing is counting: 1.. 2.. and then pressing the jump button. But I keep pressing the button earlier than I planned to. I think I should switch to saying something like "1 one-thousand, 2 one-thousand..".

During my trials my kid gave me a few pointers. I found them helpful. But I didn't understand them at the time she said them, during gameplay. Instead we discussed her recommendations in-between trials, when I wasn't in the middle of gameplay. I often didn't understand her recs at the time of the discussion and instead I "got it" (understood the recommendation) during the next trial.

In between these trials my kid did some trials too. I noticed that she did a small jump onto the boss's head instead of a big one. So that means I need to do a short button press. So in my last trial I successfully did a short jump but my timing was still off.

[1] After my 1st trial my kid asked me to do more of the same route (same kingdom) because (her words) it was fun to watch me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment