Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #46

SMO: Studying Metro route #46. I practiced the tips I learned about in the last session. I wasn't able to incorporate the tips into my play. Going to do timed runs next.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Continuing from my last session, I'm going to practice some more without timing myself. 

So here's what I want to keep in mind for these trials (which I learned in last session while watching video of a world record run):
  • In the 2nd cycle, shoot 3 projectiles in a slow way (aim, pause, shoot, aim, pause, shoot, aim, pause, shoot), from left to right.
  • Then adjust aim to the head of the snake and periodically shoot every other segment. 
    • don't shoot projectiles or move out of their way.
    • don't change aim much as the snake goes along its path.
Results: 3, 2, 3 (almost 2), 3. 4-trial cycle average = 2.75.

On the 2nd trial I was very close to hitting the last segment, which if successful would have resulted in a 2 cycle win. I thought I hit it but it didn't register as a hit.

I did not succeed at all at aiming at the head first. I think what's going on is that I'm not good at moving my aim towards a moving target. I also did badly at successfully shooting the projectiles.


# Next steps: Do timed runs aiming for an average of 1:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment