Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #47

SMO: Studying Metro route #47. I did timed runs of the metro boss fight. Got 1:45 average, beating my target of 1:50. I also have a lead on how to improve. I'm going to continue practicing this fight to work on that lead.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Continuing from my last session, I'm going to do timed trials.

Results:
  • 1:07. 2 cycle win.
    • I did better at successfully shooting the projectiles before starting to shoot the snake. 
    • I didn’t hit the head first. 
    • I also didn’t shoot the snake while not changing aim. 
  • 1:30. 3 cycle win. 
    • I did worse (than compared to last trial) at successfully shooting the projectiles before starting to shoot the snake. 
    • I didn’t hit the head first and actually missed a ton before I successfully hit the snake at all. 
    • I also didn’t shoot the snake while not changing aim, because it had stopped moving before I even got one successful shot.
  • 2:04. 4 cycle win. 
    • I had only 1 snake segment left to hit at the end of the 3rd cycle.
      • That thing happened again where I thought I hit a snake segment but it didn’t register. 
        • I’ve noticed that this only happens when I’m at an angle near 45 degrees. 
          • I think what’s happening is that the segment next to the one I want to hit is protecting the one I want to hit.
  • 1:06. 2 cycle win.
  • 4-trial time average = 1:45, which is 4.5% better than the 1:50 target I set (which is twice as slow as the world record video I linked in previous sessions).
    • If I didn't have the problem I had about shooting the snake at too much of an angle, I would have had an average of 1:14, which is 32% better than the 1:50 target.
  • 4-trial cycle average = 2.75
    • If I didn't have the angle problem, I would have gotten 2.33 (which is my best ever -- previous best ever was 2.5).

# Next steps: Do timed trials again, aiming to avoid shooting snake segments at an angle that effectively makes their neighbors act like shields.


No comments:

Post a Comment