Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #42

SMO: Studying Metro route #42. I practiced tank shooting the balls in the Wooded kingdom and was surprised to see how well I did. I was shooting all of them for minutes with no misses and no extra shots.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Continuing from my last session, I decided to practice tank shooting with motion control in the Wooded kingdom. Initially I was doing it while moving laterally. Then I decided to not move at all. And I got as close as I could get with the tank. This meant that many of the balls would land directly on me if I didn't destroy them in the air. 

There was a period towards the end of my session where I destroyed all of the balls with exactly one shot per ball, so there were no shots that did not destroy a ball. I felt very comfortable with it. It was rhythmic. I was even letting the balls get extra close to me before shooting them. 

I also did the opposite where I was shooting the balls from the source, the hole that they came out of. But I wasn't as successful doing that. Maybe I'll do this exercise again but with that as my focus.


# Next steps: Practice tank shooting (while standing still) at the balls in the Wooded kingdom, this time destroying them at the source. Separately do that exercise but with 2D moving around place. I guess I should break it down into individual parts like so: (1) moving right and shooting at the source, (2) moving left and shooting at the source, then (3) forward, then (4) backward, then in the 4 diagonal directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment