Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.11

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.11. I did practice runs and measured my work against 9 metrics. I failed to meet my goal. I noticed a theme about some of my mistakes.


---------------------------------------------------


I recorded my work against the same metrics from this session

These are my results:

Any% Cap kingdom
Runs
12345
1Cut scene [1]011
2Spark roll111
3Steps to first bridge 111
4Steps to second bridge 111
5Don't fall off the bridge [2]011
6River 111
7Up to the arena [3]110
8hat trick [4]000
9Composite63%88%75%#DIV/0!#DIV/0!
10
86-100%
010#DIV/0!#DIV/0!
#DIV/0!

So I failed to meet or beat my metrics by run 3. I decided to end the experiment.

Some notes about my failures:

[1] I was not paying attention. I don't recall what I was thinking about.

[2] While frozen in the air (during a cut scene), I dived. I should have just landed and rolled first. It's much less risky.

[3] On run 3: I crashed into the building. It happened immediately after I got a low battery notification on the screen. 

[4]
  • On run 1: I was on the right side when I jumped on the boss. I also forgot to pay attention to the fact that I often do a hard press instead of a tap.
  • On run 2: I don't know what went wrong. I correctly did the tap instead of hard press. Maybe I jumped at the wrong time. I recall that the boss had already moved a bunch (25% of a rotation) before I landed. And as usual I jumped to the left a bit so that if the boss already started his circular route, then I'd land on him. 
  • On run 3: I jumped too early. I was paying attention to the last thought train, which was about having crashed while paying attention to the low battery notification. 


# Next steps: Practice Cap kingdom aiming to get 88-100% on my 8 metrics on 4 out of 5 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment