Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.3

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.3. I rewatched the smallant guide and a world record run so I can get more tips. I got 80% success rate at ending the hat phase of the boss fight before it starts.


---------------------------------------------------


Tips I learned from smallant guide:
  • after the last hill, before the first bridge:
    • do 2 jumps on ground, then a 3rd jump on the first step, then dive to the top. 
      • I vaguely remember having a lot of trouble doing this a long time ago.
  • to cross the steps for the 2nd bridge:
    • do triple jump where the last jump is well before the first step. 
      • the first jump is at the time of reaching the indented circle
    • then dive to the first step
      • then jump and dive onto the top.
  • in the water area, fall into the water and jump onto the island.
    • don't long jump to the island like I've been doing.
  • in the last scene before the boss fight:
    • turn right, long jump, then triple jump, then dive, then start rolling up the ramp
For the world record run, I didn't record any tips. Everything was either the same as above or different and too advanced for my current skill.

So I did 5 trials focussed on ending the hat phase of the boss fight before it starts. Here's the data:

1
1
1
1
0

So that's an 80% success rate.

I did ok following the tips I learned from the smallant guide.


# Next steps: Do timed trials primarily aiming for 90% success rate at ending the hat phase of the Cap boss fight while secondarily keeping in mind the tips above.


No comments:

Post a Comment