Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #40

SMO: Studying Metro route #40. I tried out the Metro boss fight after practicing aiming with motion control in the Wooded kingdom. I still didn't meet or beat my metric. I kept dying by projectiles. I'm going to go back to Wooded kingdom, this time with a slight change to how I'm going to practice. I also have new ideas on how to practice the Metro boss fight to isolate (1) shooting projectiles, and (2) avoiding projectiles.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Continuing from last session, I decided to try out the Metro boss fight again. 

These are my trial results:
  • 44: 3 cycle win.
  • 45: died. I failed to shoot and/or avoid the projectiles.
  • 46: 3 cycle win.
  • 47: died. I failed to shoot and/or avoid the projectiles.
  • 44-47: 4-trial cycle average = 4.5 (treating a death as 6 cycles).
I'm not dealing with the projectiles well.

I also had trouble with reaching the vertical limit of my wrist rotation range, preventing me from aiming at the snake segment I wanted to aim at, and then not doing anything that would fix it. This was different than my practice in Wooded kingdom shooting the bouncing balls. I was far enough from the balls that I didn’t reach the vertical limit of my wrist rotation range. 


# Next steps:
  • Go back to Wooded kingdom to practice the bouncing ball area but this time while being much closer to the ball ejector. 
  • Practice the Metro boss fight while primarily focussing on shooting all the projectiles, not caring at all about how many cycles it takes to beat the boss. 
  • Practice the Metro boss fight while primarily avoiding projectiles (no shooting them), again without caring at all about how many cycles it takes to beat the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment