Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.5

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.5. I did 5 trials focussed on ending the boss hat phase before it starts. I got 40% success rate. I rewatched the smallant guide and got a new lead to improve my timing regarding ending the hat phase before it starts.


---------------------------------------------------


I did 6 trials focussed on ending the hat phase of the boss fight before it starts. Here's the data:

1
1
0
0
0

So that's a 40% success rate.

My method of timing how long to wait before jumping onto the boss's head isn't work well.

I rewatched the smallant guide to see what he's doing. he didn't talk about any timing. but I slowed down the video to 0.25x and watched for what happens at the moment that he jumps. What happens is that the hat rematerializes, then the hat expands and the boss kinda disappears. That's when smallant jumps. Or maybe it's a fraction of a second before that. 


# Next steps: Do more trials of Cap route with new method of timing before jumping onto the boss to end the hat phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment