Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.10

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.10. I did practice runs and measured my work against 9 metrics. I met my goal but I had trouble with something that wasn't one of my metrics. So I'm going to add that as a metric and practice/measure again.


---------------------------------------------------


I recorded my work against the same metrics as last session

These are my results:

Any% Cap kingdom
Runs
12345
1Cut scene 11111
2Spark roll [1]01011
3Steps to first bridge 11111
4Steps to second bridge 11111
5River [2]01111
6Up to the arena [3]01111
7hat trick [4]10110
8Composite57%86%86%100%86%
9
86-100%
01111
4 out of 5 are 86-100%

So I achieved my composite metric.

Some notes about my failures:

[1] On run 1, when I was doing the 2 rotations with the direction pad, I didn't do a full rotation on one of them. I felt my thumb go inside the outside circle a little bit. On run 3 I think I didn't press the jump button hard enough to register a jump. I think I was trying to quickly hit the jump button so I could move my finger to the roll button, but I went so fast that I failed to register a jump.

[2] I was too close to the edge of the bridge (just after the river) and I fell off the bridge. I'm supposed to stay in the center of the bridge. This has never happened before.

[3] I crashed into the railing (as I was rolling forward). On other runs in this session I did things differently such that I don't even land until after passing the edge of the railing.

[4] On run 2, I jumped too high (pressed the jump button too hard -- should have tapped it). On run 5, I was thinking about meta issues like what I'm going to write for this blog post and I missed the right opportunity to tap the jump button, causing me to be too late and missing the boss as I was trying to land on him.


Additional notes:

In two of these runs, I fell off the 2nd bridge and died. I'm going to add this as a metric for next session. 


# Next steps: Practice Cap kingdom aiming to get 88-100% on my 8 metrics on 4 out of 5 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment