Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.24

# Summary:

SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.24. I did unmeasured practice of the run. I focussed some of my practice on error-correcting the error of not smoothly going over the steps to the first bridge. I also learned about a new technique where you run on water, but I decided not to try to learn that now.


---------------------------------------------------


I played around a bit in Cap kingdom, showing a friend my work.

I did a couple full runs. 

On my 3rd run I messed up going over the steps to the first bridge. I did badly at recovering from my mistake. 

So I decided to play around with it so I can get used to recovering. Here are my notes:
  • I realized that I could use a side jump to get from the lower step to the bridge. I practiced it a bunch, trying different angles.
  • I also practiced the wall grab, wall jump, dive. It was weird because in this part of the game, I don't have cappy yet.
I also practiced the whole part from start to the first bridge. I tried to do it by going over the rail, as the WR guys do. I failed like 6 or 8 times before I was able to get it right. I got it right a few times.

While I was doing this, my friend watched a WR run and saw a technique that I didn't know about. In the frog room, when crossing the river, you can skip on water. We googled about this and didn't find anything. So I asked about it on the SMO discord server. I was told that you press roll right getting to the water. I was told that the timing is hard to get right and that it barely saves any time. So I think I won't be doing it at this stage of my work. 


# Next steps: Continue doing measured practice of Cap kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment