Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Learning Plan Review 2020-07-15

I've been following my learning plan for a month. 

My main goal was to learn rationality. I've made some big improvements. 
  • I've done a lot better compared to the past about discovering my best skills in whatever field and applying them to other fields. (Speedrunning and programming have been the most useful for helping me discover my best skills.) 
  • I've been surprised at how much gameplay improvement I make per speedrunning session. I remember one case where I guessed that it would take like 5 practice sessions to meet or beat a metric I made but then I only needed one session to achieve my goal.
  • Another thing that I think has changed regarding my speedrunning sessions is this. When I would find a very hard part of the game, I would have a reluctance to work on it. I think it's because I am expecting repeated failure, little progress, frustration at not making progress and not knowing what to do to make progress. That doesn't happen anymore. With each session, I have full confidence that any hard part of my work will be met with more than enough ideas to make progress. No frustration. No reluctance. 
  • The learning plan has resulted in spending more time on FI activities. I think that part of why this happens is that one of the first things I do when I wake up is open up my learning plan log in order to document the minimum things I'm going to do for the day. This time and effort helps me make my actions match my goals. It helps me notice if there's a mismatch -- and if there's a mismatch, I do problem-solving about that (which is builtin to the process) aiming to correct the mismatch.

Goals for next month. Same.

No comments:

Post a Comment