Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2020

Learning plan report for semiweek 6

This is my semiweek 6 report on my learning plan.

The below blog posts are listed from least interesting to most interesting.

Self-evaluation, Plagiarism: I did some work on my plagiarism in a previous blog post and my process that resulted in plagiarism. I also made a new process designed to make progress.

Philosophy: Continuing my work on error categories, I made an idea tree.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #38. I decided to keep practicing untimed trials aimed at improving my worst bottleneck (using motion control for aiming) to achieving my goal of getting a Metro boss fight 4-trial cycle average of 2.25 or better. I failed to meet or beat my metric. I decided to figure out a way to isolate the one skill by choosing a different place to practice on.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #39. I decided to find another place just to practice aiming with motion control. I went to wooded kingdom and practiced shooting things with the tank. I learned something about how to adjust aim. I could use just my wrists to manipulate aim.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #40. I tried out the Metro boss fight after practicing aiming with motion control in the Wooded kingdom. I still didn't meet or beat my metric. I kept dying by projectiles. I'm going to go back to Wooded kingdom, this time with a slight change to how I'm going to practice. I also have new ideas on how to practice the Metro boss fight to isolate (1) shooting projectiles, and (2) avoiding projectiles.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #41. I did the metro boss fight again, this time only focussing on shooting projectiles, while not trying to hurry up to shooting the snake. I did well at that and I noticed that I had plenty of time to shoot the snake anyway.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #42. I practiced tank shooting the balls in the Wooded kingdom and was surprised to see how well I did. I was shooting all of them for minutes with no misses and no extra shots.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #43. I practiced tank shooting the balls in the Wooded kingdom, this time aiming to destroy them at the source. I did some while standing still and some while moving in many different directions. I'm trying to get better at aiming for the Metro boss fight.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #44. I did 4 more untimed trials of the Metro boss fight. I didn't meet or beat my 4-trial cycle average goal of 2.25. I decided to stop trying to meet or beat this metric and start doing timed trials.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #45. I calculated the time spent on the metro boss fight in one of the world record runs. I also noticed some things that I found helpful.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #46. I practiced the tips I learned about in the last session. I wasn't able to incorporate the tips into my play. Going to do timed runs next.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #47. I did timed runs of the metro boss fight. Got 1:45 average, beating my target of 1:50. I also have a lead on how to improve. I'm going to continue practicing this fight to work on that lead.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.1. I did untimed practice of the beginning kingdom of the game. Learned some new things. Got help from my kid.

Speedrunning: SMO: Studying beginner any% Cap route - session #1.2. I did 10 untimed trials of the Cap route. I focussed on getting the timing right to hit the boss's hat to end the hat phase before it starts. Got 60%. I also made some other improvements that I didn't plan on focussing on. Next steps, 80%. If easy, then 90%. Then maybe 95%.


# Plan requirements completion %:

Learning PlanSemiweek #Count-ExpectedCount-DoneCompletion %
6/15/20206815188%

No comments:

Post a Comment