Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

New thoughts about my learning plan 6/17/2020


One of the changes I made to my learning plan was about prioritizing activities in a day. Originally I set a minimum of 2 but I didn’t specify which ones I should do first. I had it in mind but I didn’t write it in my plan. So I made a new node:

“Prioritize speedrunning, then self-evaluation, then grammar, over all other activities”

About an hour later I thought that’s not clear enough. I have some clarifications.

If in a day that I only do one activity, it will be speedrunning.

If in a day that I only do 2 activities, it will be speedrunning and (self-evaluation or grammar)

That doesn’t mean I have to do them chronologically in that order. For example, I could do grammar first. But if I do, then I’ll do speedrunning 2nd. But if I don’t do speedrunning 2nd, then I’ll do it 3rd, and so on, trying to ensure that speedrunning is one of the activities of the day. If I fail to do that, then I’ll problem-solve on that problem. And if I’ve exhausted all my self-evaluation methods and still haven’t solved it by the time of my next scheduled semiweekly FI post, then I’ll expose my thinking (which should have been documented throughout the process) to external criticism in my next scheduled semiweekly FI post.

I’m going to add these ideas (I’ll try to shorten it) into my learning plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment