Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Following my learning plan - my work for semiweek 3

Report for semiweek 3. This is the learning plan I followed.




Links and summaries of my work:

Note to audience: I have 3 items that I've prioritized as PRIORITY 1, 2, and 3. I want help with those more than the other items. I wrote the priority level in the front of the summaries.

Philosophy, Self-evaluation, Thoughts re my Learning Plan:
  • Self-evaluation, Philosophy: I blogged about connecting the concepts of getting my functions to testable condition and ideas in general.
  • Self-evaluation, Programming: I documented some of my ideas on how to do programming, including some new brainstorming.
  • Philosophy, Programming: I blogged about connecting the concept of indirection to my programming work.
  • Thoughts re Learning Plan: I edited my process of making semiweek summary posts to account for the new ideas from Elliot.
  • Discussion, PhilosophyPRIORITY 1: I blogged about brainstorming organization ideas for my semiweekly summary posts. I have unanswered questions.
  • Thoughts re Learning PlanPRIORITY 2: I blogged about my thoughts on my intellectual activities and how they have helped with my main goal of learning rationality.
  • Self-evaluation, Philosophy: I blogged about connecting the concepts of stating the audience for a piece of writing and testable condition.
  • Philosophy: I blogged about connecting the concepts of using guides as a reference and installing code libraries.
  • Philosophy: I blogged about connecting the concepts of breaking stuff up into parts and indirection. 
Programming:
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to automate some tasks in my learning plan log. I made my first function but did not yet get it to testable condition. So I made next steps designed to get it to testable condition so that I could test it.
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to automate some tasks in my learning plan log. I was trying to get my function to testable condition so I could test it. I failed to acheive my goal. So I made next steps designed to make progress towards my goal.
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to automate some tasks in my learning plan log. I was trying to get my function to testable condition so I could test it. I achieved my goal.
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to automate some tasks in my learning plan log. I did not achieve my main goal but I did make some progress by making some subgoals to work on first.
  • Programming: I blogged about making my first website using only HTML and only code that I wrote.
  • Programming: I blogged about automating something for my learning plan log. I wanted to improve the linkURL function so that it incorporates my summaries. I made some progress towards the main goal.
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to use 2D arrays to populate a 2D range of a google spreadsheet.
  • Programming: I blogged about learning how to use 2D arrays to populate a 2D array from a range of a google spreadsheet.
  • ProgrammingPRIORITY 3: I explored the idea of making my own blog website using open source tools so that I can customize the functionality to fit my needs and so I can practice programming. I have unanswered questions.
Speedrunning:
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #29. I worked on improving aim via motion control and I made visible progress.
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #30. I worked on focussing on both aiming and the projectiles. For aiming, I worked on the direction pad to assist motion control.



Problems:

I did not do the speedrunning session planned for 6/24/2020. I had only slept 4 hours the night before and I did a bunch of intellectual work already for the day. Took a 1 hour nap. Still felt mentally tired. I think part of the problem is that I've been staying up later than my usual over the past few days and I didn't wake up any later. I did take naps but they weren't enough to make up for the lost sleep at night. It's not uncommon for me to sleep later than usual sometimes, but doing it many days in a row is uncommon. I have an Apple Watch that tracks my sleep. I haven't paid attention to it for a while. When I initially got it, I paid a lot of attention to my sleep and it improved dramatically and continued to improve over a period of a few months. My sleep routine got to the point of having only 2 bad nights of sleep in a period of 30 nights. I'm going to focus on this again.




Plan requirements completion %:

Learning PlanSemiweek #Count-ExpectedCount-DoneCompletion %
6/15/20203621350%




Footnotes:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment