Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The mind is like a file cabinet

While I was thinking about my learning plan, I thought of the mind as a file cabinet.

I imagined a file cabinet that is very messy and chaotic vs one that is very organized. 

One is practically impossible to find stuff in and the other is very easy to find stuff in. 

I wouldn't want to try to find something in a messy file cabinet.

So I guess if your mind is a messy file cabinet you could create a new file cabinet and start over. You could use the Fallible Ideas Learning Plan as a guide to start your new very-organized file cabinet. I guess you'd be including stuff from your old file cabinet if you happen to remember some of it and get lucky enough to find them when you're making your learning plan. And you could continue this process of moving things that you luckily find from your old file cabinet and put it in your new very-organized file cabinet.

1 comment:

  1. A team of scientists in London have found memories are formed in one part of the brain, then they are replayed and transferred to a different area during rest - a sort of filing cabinets for your mind. The way we represent, organize and share our knowledge propels us forward. It can either constrain or extend our abilities to think and create.

    ReplyDelete