Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #30

# Goal:


Improve aiming with motion controls so that I'm remembering to use it in every case that it's needed.



# Activity:


I'll do untimed practice trials of the Metro boss fight focussed on making the use of motion controls habitual.



# Instructions and analysis:


Reread my notes from previous session.


Trial 14 analysis: I did better overall than last session in focussing on both the projectiles (shooting them and avoiding them) and in using motion control to aim at snake segments. In the first cycle I shot all the snake segments. In the 2nd cycle I did not shoot all of them before it went invulnerable.

  • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 14.
    • Problem: I'm still bad at aiming with motion control. I noticed myself trying to do motion control even though I've already reached the edge of where my aim can go with motion control. So I in these cases I should be using the direction pad to assist in aiming.
      • Brainstorm solutions: Practice using direction paid to assist motion control aiming.

    Trial 15 analysis: I did worse time wise than compared to last trial. I shot all the snake segments in the first cycle but in the 2nd cycle I didn't kill all the segments twice (I needed a 3rd time). 

    • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 15.
    • Problem: I'm still bad at using the direction pad and motion controls together.
      • Brainstorm solutions: Keep practicing using both together.


    # Decide next steps: 

    1. Continue practicing this boss fight while focussed on motion control and killing/avoiding projectiles. Keep doing this until I'm able to consistently beat the boss with only 2 cycles of projectiles.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment