Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2020

Creating my process of creating blog posts

These updates are in order of newest to oldest.


------


# 6/30/2020

Here's my latest guide for making blog posts, which I created here:
  1. Copy/paste the following template:
    1. # Summary
    2. # Context
    3. # Goals
      1. Learning goals
      2. Activity goals
        1. State audience clearly enough to use as a model to make predictions about whether or not the audience will understand my statements
        2. Don't misrepresent the state of my knowledge of the ideas I'm writing about
        3. Don't plagiarize 
    4. # Action plan
      1. Pre-activity phase
        1. Load the following guides:
          1. Guide for making blog posts
          2. Guide for thinking/discussion (my idea tree on discussion methods)
      2. Activity phase
      3. Post-activity phase
    5. # Work
      1. Pre-activity phase
      2. Activity phase
      3. Post-activity phase
    6. # Session analysis
    7. # Next steps
    8. # Footnotes
  2. If I wrote some initial exploration, copy/paste that (usually saved in my personal notes).
  3. Document as much as possible before doing step 1.5 (work).
  4. Do section 1.5 (work).
  5. Do section 1.6 (session analysis)
  6. Do section 1.7 (next steps) 
  7. Do section 1.8 (footnotes)
  8. Finish section 1.1 (summary)

------


# 6/21/2020

While writing this blog post, I created and followed this process (which I found very helpful):
  1. Document the goals with clear success/failure criteria
    1. Goal: State audience. Be specific enough that I could use the model to make predictions about whether the audience will understand my statements.
      1. For this blog post, the audience is me and some FI veterans that might read this and provide me criticism.
    2. Goal: Avoid misrepresenting other people's ideas (in content and credit)
    3. Goal: connect the following concepts -- integration, knowledge creation, self-evaluation, library of criticism, overreaching
      1. Reread Elliot's Using Questions in Thinking once before writing the content and once afterwards to check for things I forgot, and edit if necessary.
  2. Write the content.
    1. After writing the body
      1. make a good summary
      2. make a good title
  3. Analyze whether or not I met the goals.

------


# 6/21/2020

More brainstorming:
  • For each blog post, write a summary. It will go right below the title. And in the FI post.
    • This helps me self-evaluate the post — the goal, analysis of progress towards the goal. 
  • Using Questions in Thinking
  • Define goals before writing the content of the blog post with clear success/failure criteria purposed for self-evaluation.
    • State who the audience is. Be specific enough such that I could use the audience model to make predictions about whether or not they will understand my statements.
    • One goal should be to avoid misrepresenting other people's ideas
      • both in content and credit (plagiarism)
  • Document what I'm going to do, then do it. That means state goals and action plans.
  • After writing the blog post, analyze whether or not I met the goals.

------


# 6/19/2020

More brainstorming:
  • Add stuff about self-evaluation methods
  • Add stuff about what self-evaluation methods I used and the outcome of those methods

------


#6/19/2020

Following my next steps from this blog post, I will start making my process of how I create blog posts. I want this to be something I reference before creating every blog post. 

Here's some brainstorming first:
  • Review my process of documenting my speedrunning documentation process. I should be able to find stuff that applies to my process on making blog posts.
  • I can review some FI material about various things and see what I should include in my process:
    • like how to ask good questions. I remember a curi blog post about that that would be good to keep in mind every time I wrote a blog post.
  • I can review old notes of mine that are a bit related to this. 
    • I recall one note in particular about summarizing stories which has some ideas that I think should be included for my process of making blog posts. For example, something about considering audience and making it detailed enough. The point of that is this. I should be able to use the audience model to make predictions about whether or not a particular proposal statement of mine will be understood by my audience.
  • I want to add things like checking whether or not I'm plagiarizing.
    • e.g. If I make a claim of the form: "Elliot didn't say X", then do adequate self-evaluation on that claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment