Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Brainstorming ideas for organizing my semiweekly summaries of my blog posts

# Context:

After reading this FI email with recommendations for organizing my semiweekly summaries of my blog posts, I made edits to my process. But then I thought I need to put in a lot more effort, which is the purpose of this post. I thought of this while driving and I wrote down some ideas into a new personal note as soon as I stopped driving. I included that personal note at the bottom of this email.


# Goals: 
  • Brainstorm a bunch of ideas on how to organize my semiweekly summaries of my blog posts.
    • Including ideas about the purpose(s) of organizing them.

# Action Plan:
  • Brainstorm list of ideas (starting with the purpose(s) of organization):
    • use the following as guides:
      • personal note (listed at the end of this post)
      • Process for making blog posts
      • skim through my blog posts and try to come up with categorization schemes

# Work:
  • Question: For what purpose(s) should I organize my blog posts in my semiweekly summary posts?
    • Helps me engage with my audience.
      • Helps them know what I'm looking for.
    • what else? (I'm looking for ideas from other people)
  • Question: What ways of organizing my blog posts would help my audience engage with me
    • Question: What sorts of engagement am I looking for?
      • I want recommendations and criticism in general. Specifically I'm looking for these types:
        • Criticism/questions designed to help me understand that I'm overreaching/failing to self-evaluate, and recommendations on what to do instead.
        • Criticism/questions designed to help me understanding that I plagiarized somebody's intellectual work, and recommendations on what to do instead.
        • Criticism/questions designed to help me improve my programming work, and recommendations on what to do instead.
          • links to existing explanations and examples
          • your custom explanations and examples
        • Criticism/questions designed to help guide me towards new programming ideas/functionality that you think might work towards my programming goals, and recommendations to that effect.
          • Criticism/questions designed to help guide me towards new programming goals and recommendations to that effect.
        • Criticism/questions/recommendations designed to help guide me towards improvements to my connecting concepts series.
        • Criticism/questions/recommendations designed to help guide me towards improvements to this blog post.

# Analysis:
  • I think I did great. I brainstormed a lot of ideas. This is a great start.

# Next steps:
  • Make this blog post the most important one on the next semiweek blog post. (I saved this to my personal notes as a reminder.)

# Personal note:

Make blog post brainstorming organization of my semi week summary blog posts 


Use elliots ideas from his FI email as a guide 


What’s the purpose of elliots recommendations? 


Produce guide for audience on how to engage with my posts 


What else?


Type of criticism 


Overreaching/self-evaluation 


Plagiarism 


Recommendations on my programming work. Links. Explanations. Other possible pursuits that you think I might like and why. 


Criticism of my connecting concepts series 


No comments:

Post a Comment