Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #32

# Context:

I've been practicing the boss fight of the Metro route.


# Goal:


Improve aiming with motion controls so that I'm remembering to use it in every case that it's needed while also trying to shoot some projectiles before shooting snake segments.



# Activity:


I'll do untimed practice trials of the Metro boss fight focussed on making the use of motion controls habitual, and on hitting some of the projectiles before shooting the snake. I'll do 3 trials before doing analysis.



# Work/Analysis:


Reread my notes from previous session.


Trials 17, 18, 19 analysis: 17 - took 3 cycles to beat the boss. bad use of motion control in some cases, but at least I'm constantly using it. 18 - took 2 cycles. much better at motion control. also used lateral movement in one case to slightly adjust my aim to the left and successfully shot the snake segment I intended to shoot. 19 - took 2 cycles. I did even better than in 18. 

  • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trials 17, 18, 19.
    • Problem: I routinely miss shooting the snake in it's invulnerable state. what I remember from the smallant guide is that you just shoot quickly, as if the assumption is that all the shots will hit the snake. anyway I overheated at one point during this part so this is something I want to improve on.
      • Brainstorm solutions: rewatch the smallant guide to see what he did. I recall the idea of shooting at the head in this part of the fight. I haven't been paying attention to that.


    # Next steps: 


    Rewatch smallant guide looking for tips for the part of the fight where the snake is invulnerable. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment