Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #31

# Context:

Practicing the boss fight of the Metro route.


# Goal:


Improve aiming with motion controls so that I'm remembering to use it in every case that it's needed.



# Activity:


I'll do untimed practice trials of the Metro boss fight focussed on making the use of motion controls habitual, and on hitting some of the projectiles before shooting the snake.



# Work/Analysis:


Reread my notes from previous session.


Trial 16 analysis: I did better overall than last session in focussing on both the projectiles (shooting them and avoiding them) and in using motion control to aim at snake segments (I was doing motion control the entire time, assisted with direction pad sometimes). In the first cycle I shot all the snake segments. In the 2nd cycle I did not shoot all of them before it went invulnerable.

  • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 16.
    • Problem: In the 2nd cycle, the last few snake segments were very high up the building, and so I reached the edge of my motion control aim perimeter. I resorted to using direction pad but it was too late before the snake went invulnerable.
      • Brainstorm solutions: Remember to quickly switch to direction pad if motion control aim reaches limit. Also try to remember that this is going to happen when the snake segments are very high up the building


    # Next steps: 


    Continue practicing this boss fight while focussed on motion control and killing/avoiding projectiles, and on supplementing motion control with direction pad in cases where motion control reaches its limit. Keep doing this until I'm able to consistently beat the boss with only 2 cycles of projectiles.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment