Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Documenting before an activity is like stretching and warming up before a run

Note: I have updates below...



# 6/17/2020


I've been preparing more and more before I play the game. Today I thought of it like stretching and warming up before a run.


Today I made an improvement to how I document my speedrunning. So I thought to document my speedrunning documentation process. While doing that, I made some improvements to the process. 


Here's my speedrunning documentation process:


1. Document what I'm going to do. Below is an example of what I wrote before even turning on the game to play it.

Studying Metro route #24


Reread my notes for section 6.2 and my notes from last session.


Trial 3 analysis: 


Reread my notes and compare and contrast it against my trial 3.


Trial 4 analysis: 


Reread my notes and compare and contrast it against my trial 4.


Decide next steps:


2. Do what I planned to do, while documenting each section before doing the next section.


3. Post to Mario Odyssey Discussion


4. Get link from step 3 and save it to my learning plan log.



------ Updates ------


# 6/18/2020


I followed my documentation procedure and I made improvements as I went. Below is what my documentation process looked like after doing trial 5 and before doing trial 6 of my 25th session studying the metro route. (no link because I haven't posted it yet.)

1. Document what I'm going to do. Below is an example:


Studying Metro route #25


Reread my notes for section 6.2 and my notes from previous sessions on section 6.2.


Trial 5 analysis:  


Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 5.

    • Problem: 
      • Brainstorm solutions: 

Trial 6 analysis: 


Reread my notes for section 6.2 and compare and contrast it against my trial 6.

    • Problem: 
      • Brainstorm solutions: 

Decide next steps: 


2. Do what I planned to do, while documenting each section before doing the next section.


3. Post to Mario Odyssey Discussion


4. Get link from step 3 and save it to my learning plan log.


5. Update draft of next semiweek FI email with summary of this activity.




# 6/20/2020


This is my latest process.


1. Document what I'm going to do. Below is what I used for this speedrunning session:


Studying Metro route #[N]


Activity: Doing trials


Instructions and analysis:


Reread my notes from previous session.


Trial [k] analysis:  


Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial [k].

    • Problem:  
      • Brainstorm solutions:

Trial [k+1] analysis: 


Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial [k+1].

    • Problem:  
      •  Brainstorm solutions:

Decide next steps: 

 


2. Do what I planned to do, while documenting each section before doing the next section.


3. Post to Mario Odyssey Discussion


4. Get link from step 3 and save it to my learning plan log.


[note that I was able to remove step 5 because now I do that process once per semiweek instead of once per activity.]

No comments:

Post a Comment