Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

SMO: Studying Metro route - session #29

Goal:


Improve aiming with motion controls so that I'm remembering to use it in every case that it's needed.


Activity:


I did untimed practice trials of the Metro boss fight focussed on making the use of motion controls habitual.



Instructions and analysis:


Reread my notes from previous session.


Trial 12 analysis: I remembered to use motion controls to aim for every shot. And I mostly only used motion controls. I don't think I used lateral movement at all for aiming. And I barely used the direction pad to aim. For the first cycle, I killed all the segments, but on the 2nd cycle I missed one before it went invulnerable.

  • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 12.
    • Problem: I can get better at aiming with motion controls.
      • Brainstorm solutions: Continue practicing like this.

    Trial 13 analysis: In the first cycle I missed a lot of the snake segments and I think I got hit once by projectiles. Then in the 2nd cycle I died by projectiles.

    • Reread my notes from last session and compare and contrast it against my trial 13.
    • Problem: Not focussed on projectiles enough. 
      • Brainstorm solutions: For the 1st cycle, kill at least 3 projectiles before aiming at the snake segments.

    Decide next steps: 

    1. Continue practicing this boss fight while focussed on motion control and killing/avoiding projectiles



    Guides I used:


    I used two guides to help me do this activity.

    • The first guide I made specifically for my speedrunning sessions.
    • The second guide I made specifically for making blog posts.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment