Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Documenting my process of creating my semiweekly FI posts

This document contains many versions of my process. Older versions are below.

# 6/23/2020
  1. On the day of the start of the next semiweek:
    1. start new blog post, 
    2. copy/paste the title and body from old one, 
    3. delete all the details, 
    4. increment the semiweek number both in the title and the body.
  2. Copy all the blog post categories, titles, links, and summaries from my learning plan log and paste into the appropriate section.
    1. Organize the work
      1. Categorize the blog posts
      2. Give audience indication of which 1 or more blog posts I'd most like criticism of.
      3. Brainstorm and pick other ways to organize the blog posts to help create engagement with audience.
  3. Problems
  4. Run calculations re plan requirements completion %, copy/paste into appropriate section.
  5. Footnotes
  6. Publish
  7. Post to FI
[1] I got some recommendations from Elliot Temple.


# 6/20/2020

I realized that I should document my process of making my semiweekly FI posts summarizing my work. Here's my first semiweekly blog post.

Here are my latest ideas on how to do it (together with some new brainstorming).
  1. Copy/paste from the last semiweekly blog post (immediately after posting it) into a new blog post.
  2. Change the title by iterating the number.
  3. Change the first line of text by iterating the number.
  4. Consider changing the description below #3 and change it if needed.
  5. Delete all the text under each of the remaining subtitles.
  6. When the semiweek is over, use the linkURL function to gather up all the links for this semiweek from my learning plan log and copy/paste them into the new semiweekly blog post under the subtitle "Links and summaries of my work".
  7. For each link:
    1. Review it.
      1. Look for new connections between my ideas.
        1. If found any, make new blog posts classified under the next semiweek.
    2. Write a summary for the link. 
  8. Review the problems that I wrote in my learning plan log for this semiweek.
    1. For each problem, write a description under the subtitle "Problems" that is designed to help the audience (FI people) understand me.
  9. Run calculation re plan requirements completion percentage results.
    1. Insert a new row in my Results sheet of my learning plan.
    2. Copy/paste the below row into the new row.
    3. Change the starting date of the semiweek. 
    4. Copy/paste the completion percentage results for this semiweek under the subtitle "Plan requirements completion %".
  10. Write any footnotes needed.
  11. Quickly skim the entire draft looking for things I missed.
  12. Publish the blog post.
  13. Post to FI with the blog post.
    1. Create new email
    2. Copy/paste the title of the blog post into the subject line of the email.
    3. Copy/paste the link of the blog post to the body of the email.
    4. Say something like "this is my work for this semiweek". 
    5. Send the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment