Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2020

Following my learning plan - my work for semiweek 4

Report for semiweek 4. This is the learning plan I followed.




Links and summaries of my work:

Note to audience: I have 3 items that I've prioritized as PRIORITY 1, 2, and 3. I want help with those more than the other items. I wrote the priority level in the front of the summaries.

Philosophy, Self-evaluation, Thoughts re my Learning Plan:
  • Self-evaluation, Thoughts re Learning Plan: PRIORITY 3 - I wrote an algorithm for organizing my work for my semiweekly blog posts. While doing that, I thought of a change to my algorithm for writing blog posts so that I can track the status of my blog posts.
  • Self-evaluation, Programming: I wrote about connecting the concept of making process guides for my intellectual work and making algorithms for intended programming projects.
  • Self-evaluation, Grammar : I made my process of doing grammar analysis for one-clause sentences.
  • Self-evaluation, Philosophy: PRIORITY 1 - I was thinking about paths forward and then I realized a connection between paths forward and FI learning plan. So I explored that connection. I documented my initial exploration, then documented what I planned to do in a more organized way, then I did what I planned to do and documented it, then I analyzed what I did and documented that. One of my goals was to avoid misrepresenting the state of my knowledge regarding the ideas. Another was to avoid plagiarizing. I think I succeeded at my goals.
Programming:
  • Programming: I continued my work on writing a function that gathers my blog post links and summaries.
  • Programming: I updated my blog post about exploring the idea of making my own blog website with a new idea about some functionality I want. I'd like to integrate my learning plan log with my blog website. Then I got another idea to replace google spreadsheets with my own database.
  • Programming: I was thinking about future programming goals and got some interesting ideas, so I decided to document it.
  • Programming: I continued my work on making a function that gathers info for my semiweekly summary posts.
Speedrunning:
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #31. I continued to work on the boss fight, focussing on both motion control and shooting projectiles, while also trying to use direction pad to assist motion control.
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #32. I practiced the boss fight focussed on (1) the use of motion control for aim with direction pad assist and (2) shooting some projectiles before shooting the snake. I made visible progress. I also narrowed in on some smaller problems I had. 
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #33. I rewatched smallant video to get tips on the invulnerable phase of the boss fight. And I practiced what I learned on 4 untimed trials.
  • Speedrunning: SMO: Studying Metro route #34. I decided to do more untimed trials aimed at improving all my individual skills that I've been working on in the last session until I can consistently beat the boss in 2 cycles. I made visible progress since last session.
Grammar:
  • Grammar: I studied Anne's tree on "Assuming you're an adult, there are some things you're already good at judging."
  • Grammar: PRIORITY 2 - I did grammar analysis of a sentence that I already knew wasn't straightforward. I analyzed it in more than one way and tried to pick the best one, recognizing that there might be two equivalent ones. I also worked on a simpler sentence to help me figure out narrower issues, then took what I figured out and applied it to the original, more complex, sentence. I think I did well but I'm looking for external criticism anyway, especially criticism of my process.



Problems:

none




Plan requirements completion %:

Learning PlanSemiweek #Count-ExpectedCount-DoneCompletion %
6/15/20204915167%




Footnotes:

none

No comments:

Post a Comment