Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Speedrunning review - session #2 2020-09-01

My speedrunning work (including my thinking about speedrunning, and thinking about connecting my speedrunning work to my whole life) has led to some interesting connections. In the last few days I wrote a few personal notes about this stuff. I didn't publish them yet because they wouldn't make sense to other people. So I decided to dedicate this post to publishing that stuff, with or without edits to make them more understandable to other people.


8/27/2020 

You’re implying that you know what my goals are but I don’t think you know what my goals are. 

New comments:
  • I often find myself in situations where someone is giving me suggestions/criticisms but they don't understand my goals so their feedback is junk.
  • I also find myself in situations where someone asks me for help but I don't know enough about their goals to give them useful feedback. 


8/29/2020

Goldratt's ideas applied to my time/activity priorities

  • elliot's comments that contributed to my speedrunning review (latest one)

how do i apply this to the whole thing?


this = elliot's advise about look at whole speedrunning route before optimizing a section of the route. (FI email)


the whole thing = all my time activities (vs all my gaming speedrunning activities)

  • or categorize by time spent doing intellectual activities devoted to certain subgoals

doing this work would help me optimize my priorities so that i produce the best results as defined by my goals.




8/29/2020


You’re pushing goals on her that are not her goals.


New comments:
  • This is one way to pressure someone.



8/29/2020


Do outline before doing a paragraph. 


Do whole to X% before optimizing a part to better than X%.


New comments:

  • This is an attempt to connect Elliot's idea about my speedrunning work to other parts of my life.


8/31/2020

Batch size and Newton’s method 


Optimize batch size 


Depends on situation. No two are the same in all ways. 


Internal actions to external actions 

No comments:

Post a Comment