Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2020

How to get more out of Elliot's screencasts

This post (or series of posts) is purposed for figuring out how to optimize my use of Elliot's screencasts.

This is in response to Elliot prompting me with a question, "Why don't you have things to say more often?"

So I'll explain how I use the videos. Maybe I can find an improvement to my process.

  • I play the videos while doing things on my computer. 
    • Sometimes I tune out. 
      • When I notice this and can't tell what is being talked about, I often rewind to a point that I'm familiar with.
  • I currently don't use the time markers with descriptions. 
    • I think those would be helpful if I was going to relisten to the videos or if I wanted to go back to a video to find something specific.
What else could I post about re the screencasts? I could have a list of things that I could potentially comment on re the screencasts. Then I could keep that list next to me as I'm listening to the screencasts in the background. This seems like overkill given that I'd already be doing some other activity that I'm trying to prioritize my attention on.

So now I'll brainstorm a bit about that.
  • Comments/questions about Elliot's comments. (maybe also for Max/InternetRules)
    • About what?
      • Compare/contrast what I would have said vs what Elliot said
      • Compare/contrast my style/tone vs Elliot's
    • objections/doubts:
      • i think i can't do this task in a way where the screencast listening is not first priority. it would have to be the primary thing i'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment