Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Comments on _The Choice_ by Goldratt, chapter 18

I read and took notes on chapter 18 of _The Choice (Revised Edition)_ by Goldratt.

CHAPTER 18: Emotion, Intuition and Logic

That is exactly what bothers me. As a psychologist I'm trained to focus on people's emotions and inhibitions, but for you everything is just cold, factual logic."

People say similar things about me too. They say things like, "you don't care about feelings/emotions". And often times, right after they say that, they correct themselves. They recall some of what I say about feelings/emotions -- like that we shouldn't ignore them.

I think that what people are confused about is this: when they notice that I don't worry about emotions, they think of it like I don't care about emotions when really it's that I don't worry because emotions can be changed like other ideas can be.

I think psychologists, at least sometimes, treat emotions as immutable things that can only be compromised with.

No comments:

Post a Comment