Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Stew - session #2

Continuing my pursuit to improve my stew recipe (see last session), I searched for what veggies are good to be added to stew.

I found this article which was very helpful.

  • Various types of squash could be added. A bit later during my research I learned that squash is sweet like carrots are. But I don't like the sweetness of carrots in the stew (at least when I eat the carrots, not sure how the carrot flavor affects the whole stew). So I don't think I'll be adding squash to my stew.
  • I learned that root veggies work well. I didn't recognize any of them by name (parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, celeriac, and sweet potatoes), so I searched each one of them. I did recognize all of them by picture. I might add some of these. I sometimes have extra turnips in stock, so those would be good to add.
  • Eggplant! My mom makes many recipes with eggplant. I think I'll try it out for my stew.
  • The other things on the list were things that either I already include or things that I don't think I would like at all, like cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment