Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

Learning how to self-evaluate grammar

These updates are listed from newest to oldest.


------

# 6/27/2020



------


# 6/17/2020

I made an idea tree on my ideas about how to learn grammar: How to learn grammar 1.0.


------


# 6/15/2020

This post is purposed for helping me learn how to self-evaluate grammar.

I think I don't have a good idea about how to do that.

I'm going to brainstorm some ideas on how to learn how to self-evaluate grammar:
  • I could review my ideas on self-evaluation that I learned from my speedrunning project and see what makes sense to apply to grammar.
  • I could review some grammar posts by other FI people that I think know grammar much better than I do, like Anne B, to see what self-evaluation methods they used.
  • With each grammar session where I'm doing grammar practice of sentences
    • I could check my understanding against other FI people's grammar posts analyzing the same sentences.
      • I could compare and contrast my analysis against their analysis -- identify points we agree on and those we disagree on.
        • Where we disagree, I could explain those disagreements and try to work out the correct analysis -- which could be either of our initial positions or a new position that I create. And following my learning plan, I would post my analysis to my blog and then later post links and summaries to FI.
    • I would also be trying to improve my self-evaluation methods for grammar.
Now that I've written that, I see that I'm missing a step. I should be posting my self-evaluation methods for grammar to my blog and then to FI. So I'll reorganize the above ideas and add that.
  1. Create and continuously update my self-evaluation methods for grammar.
    • Regularly review my ideas on self-evaluation that I learned from my speedrunning project and see what makes sense to apply to grammar.
    • Regularly review grammar posts by other FI people that I think know grammar much better than I do, like Anne B, to see what self-evaluation methods they used.
    • Review and update my self-evaluation methods used in each grammar session (see 2 below).
    • Post each update to my blog and then post links of that to FI.
  2. With each grammar session (where I'm doing grammar practice of sentences):
    • Check my analysis against other FI people's grammar posts analyzing the same sentences.
      • Compare and contrast my analysis against their analysis -- identify points we agree on and those we disagree on.
        • Where we disagree, I could explain those disagreements and try to work out the correct analysis -- which could be either of our initial positions or a new position that I create. And following my learning plan, I would post my analysis to my blog and then later post links and summaries to FI.

No comments:

Post a Comment