Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Cussing

Anon1: I really appreciate everyone here and I know there are those who want to help and others who are seeking advice. This is a great platform! But it disturbs me when I read and there is foul language. Seriously I believe everyone here is intelligent enough to be able to express themselves and ask questions without resorting to the “F” word or other vulgar words. Why use offensive words when your intelligence is greater? I’m just throwing that out there because it just makes me feel annoyed and sad. I believe Parents who are concerned enough with their children’s well being that they come on a forum like this can do better than that. Just expressing myself here.

Anon2: I think there is a generational gap for cussing. People under 30 do not see cussing as something that bad it’s just expressive language to most of us. and with the age of tv and the internet cussing is so mainstream that there is really no thought or intent involved most of the time. While a lot of people over 40 see it as super harsh

Rami: i'm 42. no problem with cussing. i cuss more than anyone. even in front of my kids. and interestingly enough, my kids don't cuss around adults who don't like cussing (like school, banks, court rooms).

Anon1: Why not cuss in school, courts, banks etc. If there is no problem with it and it doesn't effect the atmosphere of the conversation... why not?

Rami: cuz those people are like you and i'd rather not offend you if i don't have to. i respect people's preferences in general - as long as it doesn't violate my preferences. and i follow tradition in general, as long as it doesn't violate my principles/values.

No comments:

Post a Comment