Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Writing simpler

In this FI post, elliot gives some extra explanation about how to write simpler. So here's another try:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fallible-ideas/conversations/messages/10920


3rd try:

i have some good ideas and some bad ones. some of the bad ones i have are ones that i don't even recognize as bad yet.

some people have better ideas than mine. it helps talking to them because then i can see the conflicts between their ideas and mine. they can point them out or i can notice them myself. that helps me recognize my bad ideas so i can fix them.


some people have way worse ideas than mine. it helps talking to them because then i can notice their bad ideas.  and then i can recognize versions of those ideas in myself. which helps me find my own bad ideas. and that means finding and fixing flaws in my ideas that i previously thought were good.



2nd try:

i have some good ideas and some bad ones. some of the bad ones i have are ones that i don't even recognize as bad yet.

i know some people that i believe have better ideas than mine. it helps talking to them because then i can see the conflict between their ideas and mine. they can point it out or i can notice them myself. that helps me recognize my bad ideas so i can fix them.


i also know that there are people that i believe have way worse ideas than mine. and i think that it helps talking to them because then i can notice their bad ideas, and then i can recognize those same bad ideas, actually versions of them, in myself. this helps me find my own bad ideas. which also means finding flaws in my ideas that i previously thought were good, thus evolving them.


1st try: 

i have some good ideas and some bad ones. some of the bad ones i have are ones that i don't even recognize as bad (yet).

i know some people that i believe have better ideas than mine. it helps talking to them because then i can see the conflict between their ideas and mine - they can point it out or i can notice them myself. that helps me recognize my bad ideas so i can fix them.

i also know that there are people that i believe have way worse ideas than mine. and i think that it helps talking to them because then i can notice their bad ideas, and then i can recognize those same bad ideas (at least versions of them) in myself. this helps me find my own bad ideas. which also means finding flaws in my (previously believed to be) good ideas, thus evolving them.


No comments:

Post a Comment